Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!


Ah! It is a new year! For some, it means starting over from scratch, wiping the slate clean- basically redeeming themselves from a whole year of mess ups, screw ups, disappointments, etc. I find that New Years day is much like every day of the week for me, of course without all of the fireworks, champagne, tons of phone calls and mass texts, however its parallel in the sense of having a fresh new start! Everyday I wake up, I ask for a renewal of my mind and forgiveness for my sins for the day before and possibly the ones I would make on that very day. I was talking to someone I hold very near and dear to my heart and they said that in 2009, they want a relationship with God. It made my heart smile b/c if you know this person, you would know it took a lot for them to say this! So, I was so pleased and my spirit was just a dancing! lol But it made me think about all of those who feel like they have to wait for the 'perfect' time to surrender their lives to Christ or the perfect situation. To be honest, any time is perfect to give your life to Him. We can always make up excuses or say, 'tomorrow is the day' but unfortunately, tomorrow isnt always promised. When you feel like God is tugging at your heart, dont put it off, accept it right then and everyday you can feel like its 'New Years' and be just as excited about the start of a new day! You can create your own 'fireworks' in the midst of your prayer time, your own memories when forming a relationship with God, and definitely a life of fulfillment and rewards! So, enjoy this great New Year, but dont forget about every new DAY you have been given a chance to be a friend of Gods! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. It's as if you are reading the book "Come Thirsty" (Max Lucado), because you are paralleling where I am in the book a lot. LOL! God knows that you will sin, and He sent Jesus to bear that burden for us. All we can do is try to improve each day. :)

    ReplyDelete