Monday, January 5, 2009

God-dance







From the beginning of our relationship, it was understood that I LOVE to dance, HAVE to dance, and to not take that away from me. Ty understood how important that was to me, so he makes it a point to take me out to dance every so often or we just dance on our terrace, living room, wherever- just so I can get it out of my system! I remember one day while we were out dancing, I was grooving and doing my thing and it seemed as if Ty couldnt keep up (this is my version of the story). I ignored the first few times he through my rhythm off, but that fourth time, I had to do something. 'Either just stand there and watch me or do it like this!' is what I thought, but of course I didnt say that. I just grabbed his hands and led him in the direction I wanted to go and the motions I was trying to do. At first, he ignored my gesture and kept doing his own thing, but I was persistent and determined to 'two step' a couple of more hours that night, so I wasnt trying to turn it into a debate. Eventually, he caught on to what I was doing and surrendered his feet to me. As soon as he did that, it made the rhythm so much more smooth because he allowed me to take the lead. No more stepping on my feet or bumping me in the wrong direction or me rolling my eyes on the inside! lol As I had that funny moment today, 'GUIDANCE' popped in my mind.
When I meditated on the word guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesnt flow with the music, and everything is pretty uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. Its as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other. My eyes drew back to the word guidance. When I saw "G", I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i"."God", "u" and "i" dance. God, you and I dance. Even after a simple memory of my husband and I, God still has a way of tugging at me and showing me things in the spiritual. During this moment in my life, I really am experiencing this dance with God, especially as it relates to Ty and I trying for a baby. Im not looking to ovulation kits, ovulation watches, special 'vitamins', etc. I know God is about to twirl me around and knock me off of my feet! And with that thought, I became willing to let God take the lead!

6 comments:

  1. One must surrender to God in order for him to lead. You truly have a gift for bringing His lessons to life in ways that are easily applied and paralleled to today's life Ericka. I hope you continue to write and write often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good post! He has a plan for you and it is so awesome that you can understand that and be patient and ready when he presents it to you. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much!! People like you help keep me encouraged! When I say 'Thank you!' I REALLY MEAN IT!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!
    When we meet Ty in Germany, I never knew or understood that God had placed him in our lives for a reason and not a season. Our love for him grew fast and he was a member of our extended family. We prayed that God would bless him with a GOOD THING!!! And although we have not met face to face. I love you first because the word of God says that I should. Then because he loves you and just as important, you love him. I am prayerful that in God's timing your dance will produce a fruit you can cuddle and inspire in the ways of God. Continue to write, it encourages me and keeps me in touch as I have requested of him, too many times. When the time comes and you two are back home and after you have had time to settle in for a little bit, lets commit to make time to get together. I know that my children would love to see TEllis. And just maybe it will be during the time my Lovey D is home on R&R.
    Take care of yourself and and each other be safe and keep blessing those whom you touch.
    Until next time,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was absolutely beautiful and inspiring. I thought, my God, while reading this,Our prayers were answered. It's so wonderful to see him smiling and laughing. You are good for him. My family, as well, found a special place in our heart for T. Since I have a Tyrone Sr., a Tyrone Jr., and a brother named Tyrone it was like God sending one more to seal the deal. Our lives are enriched when we have someone to share it with and I see the joy that has blossomed with the two of you. All I can say is U GO GOD. You continue to pray and seek God's guideance, before you know it that little bundle of joy will be coming your way. We are still in Germany so if you guys have a need to visit, pop T, and come our way. Looking forward to meeting you. Much Love. (since I'm not sure what to do for profile I'm putting anonymous but I'm really not. I'll figure it out later)

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Ericka that was beautiful! And I know yalls blessing is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete