Saturday, December 20, 2008

A real ear to HEAR!


2008 has definitely been a great year for me and I say this with complete humility and thanks to God. Ive learned so much more about relationships and the most important one being with Christ. Hes taught me how to be still and LISTEN! Every since I can remember, Ive always had a hard time of listening. Not the kind that says, 'uh huh' on que every single time or the knodding of the head, but the REAL kind of listening. The kind where I learned to open up my mind, my heart, and my ears. The kind where I had to really make an effort to LISTEN. To a lot, this is probably second nature to them, but for me, it was really a battle. I was always so used to doing things in great haste and expected everyone else to be at my same speed. If a conversation got too long, I would still HEAR them, but my attention had checked out and went else where. Not only was I doing this to my friends, but I would do this to God. I would worship, pray, and read my Word, but even as I was reading, I would often times hurry up the pace to get to the 'point' at which I thought God was 'trying' to give to me. Now aint that something?! Im seeking and NEEDING God to show me a Word, but yet and still, I thought I knew when it was enough. Of course as I was doing this, I didnt see anything wrong with it because exactly HOW LONG does it take before we hear God's voice? AS LONG AS IT TAKES is what Ive realized, but before, my flesh would say, 'Ok, its been 30 minutes, thats good for the day!' and little did I know, I was probably a second away from hearing that small and still voice of my Father WITH the answer that I needed to HEAR!


As Ive realized how important listening really is, I see how much better of a friend I have become. In moments where a friend is sharing with me, I hear how God is pouring into me what He wants me to share with that friend. Not only am I listening to a friend in need, but I can hear Gods voice even MORE. Its funny how now it makes sense when I used to hear, 'Talk less, listen more; thats why God has given us one mouth and TWO ears!' So listen up, God is probably trying to tell you something!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on stepping out on faith in into the will of GOD!! I conquer with everyone else who says this is something you have a gift to do. I totally feel ya with this one. I have had the most difficult time focusing, shall I say. I would be the girl in class distracted if someone were to get up and sharpen their pencil, open the door or anything. I am still learning how to restrain myself. LOL! Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! This is always a struggle for me, because I am an action person. The whole, sush up and listen concept is something that I have improved upon, but still need to work on. I am too much of a go-getter that I sometimes forget to listen beyond the first action item!

    P.S. Welcome to blogging! You're one of the cool kids now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its about time!!! Just kidding...great blog now when is the book coming:)

    ReplyDelete